Chicken Orange Salad
This Chicken Orange Salad is made with walnuts. You can opt out the walnuts if you would like.
This recipe serves 2. Prep time: 10 min. Cook time: 10 minutes.
Gluten free, high protein, dairy free and quick to make!
Kcal 458 Fats(g): 20 Carbs(g): 47 Proteins(g): 28
For the dressing:
3 tbsp. of honey
2 tbsp. mustard
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. orange juice
⅓ tsp. cinnamon
For the salad:
7 oz. (200g) chicken breast 4 handfuls rocket
¼ iceberg lettuce
⅓ pomegranate fruit, seeds ¼ cup (30g) pecans, roasted
1. Peel orange and cut out the pulp and set aside. Squeeze the juice from the rest of the orange and keep it for the sauce.
2. Mix the ingredients of the dressing in a cup, season with salt and pepper.
3. Cut the chicken breast into 4 smaller pieces, season with salt, coat with olive oil and place on a hot grill pan— grill for 4 minutes on both sides.
4. Drizzle the chicken pieces with a tbsp. of dressing and continue to grill for about 1.5 minutes on a slightly lower heat. Turn over then drizzle with another tbsp. of dressing, and grill for another minute. Remove from the pan and set aside. Once cooled slightly slice into pieces.
5. Mix the salad leaves and divide it between two plates, then top with the orange and chicken. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and roasted pecans. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.